Monday, December 20, 2010

Reverb 10: Days 18-20 for N

My "no procrastination" promise doesn't start until 2011, right? I've put off these posts because I don't really know how to answer any of these questions.

Day 20 Prompt: Beyond avoidance. What should you have done this year but didn't because you were too scared, worried, unsure, busy, or otherwise deterred from doing?

I should have focused more this year. At times, I got really preoccupied with whatever random things were going on in my life and I paid less attention to day-to-day errands, work (sadly), and friends/family (sadly). This was due to all of the reasons listed in the question above.


Day 19 Prompt: Healing. What healed you this year? Was it sudden or a drip-by-drip evolution? How would you like to be healed in 2011?

Well first I have to determine what needed to be healed. I think that the experiences I had this year, whether they related to work, travel, or relationships, all interwove to heal me of my fear of the unknown. I slowly learned to notice whether or not I have a gut feeling about something and when to trust that feeling. That's kind of a big deal for someone who always needed a sound, logical, explainable reason for doing anything. I mean, I couldn't even commit to stating what my favorite color was. I'd like to continue working on these things in 2011.


Day 18 Prompt: Try. What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did/didn't go for it?

I want to try whatever I can! I want to try to take advantage of every opportunity that comes my way. Go backwards and read my Day 19 answer for elaboration. Surprisingly, I can't think of anything major that I wanted to try in 2010 and didn't go for.

1 comment:

  1. i disagree with day 18. i never felt neglected by you this year. you're a great friend and we're all lucky to have you1 xoxo

    ReplyDelete