Friday, December 3, 2010

Reverb 10: Day 3 for N

Day 3 Prompt: Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors).

Oooh, tough one. I'll have to say Thursday, September 2. I was riding on an ATV through the hills of Santorini, Greece. I wasn't driving, so I wasn't alone, but I enjoyed the moment alone. The previous weeks were a bit hectic, and that was when it all released. The combination of the hot sun and the wind was comforting and freeing, and the smell of the Mediterranean Sea was cleansing. I didn't care what time it was or that my hair was getting messed up or that we were speeding along pseudo-roads with no traffic rules at a high altitude. I soaked in views of the reddish-brown calderas and the pristine white buildings with splashes of bright blue domed churches. Greek retsina wine and tzaziki were the tastes that lingered during the drive. There were no sounds besides the roar of the ATV, which I hardly noticed.

What did I think about? Nothing. That was the best part.

No comments:

Post a Comment