Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Reverb 10 : Day 28 for R

Prompt: Achieve. What’s the thing you most want to achieve next year? How do you imagine you’ll feel when you get it? Free? Happy? Complete? Blissful? Write that feeling down. Then, brainstorm 10 things you can do, or 10 new thoughts you can think, in order to experience that feeling today.

This is a hard one.  I'm not one to ever be happy with achieving one thing without thinking about what the next one will be...So I'm really struggling with this topic.  Its easy to say you want to achieve "peace" or some sort of intangible feeling...but how do you know when you have it, and feelings of that sort aren't there to stay forever.  So a feeling that I want to achieve...that's hard.

Maybe a state of mind..?  I guess that's a bit more doable.  I recently had lunch with a friend, and she's adjusted to a new state of mind, and in that seems to have some mental peace.  But I struggle with a state of mind that I'd want to achieve that wouldn't change with how I look at the world.

Maybe, a task?  Does traveling to a new country, losing 10 pounds, or learning how to make wine - do those things count?

I think I'll just say that I want to achieve 30 new experiences (courtesy of the 30 things list).  I've gotten a handful under my belt.  I think after the 30 new experiences, I'll learn more about myself and my courage (which I never think I have).

As I sit and think of new things I want to try, I'll simply add them to my list so that it continues to challenge me.

No comments:

Post a Comment