Friday, December 10, 2010

Reverb 10 : Day 9 for R

Day 9 Prompt: Party. What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans.

This year has definitely been filled with many parties!  I adored each wedding I went to for different reasons, where it became too hard to pick just one.  But I'll share two fun parties this year:

  • The French Laundry for Gravy Train's husbands 30th birthday.  G$ and I were so honored to be invited! All ten of us dressed up - the boys in fine suits, the birthday boy in a tuxedo, and the ladies in lovely dresses.  Gravy Train, her MIL and myself were all in black/white printed dressed.  We took a limo up to Napa with some bubbles. We had a private room at The French Laundry, 14 courses of food with wine and bread pairing.  Definintely a memorable night, but some of the highlights were:  Oysters and Pearls, 1967 Riesling (smelled like paint thinner, but was definitely amazing) and 1978 Ridge Cab Sauv.  YUMMM!  After dinner and our trip home, Gravy Train and I stayed up until 6:00 am and gossiped.  A great way to end a fantastic night!
  • My second fun party memory of the year was the weekend in ATL for Memorial Day.  A fun weekend with my lovely girlfriends filled with food and cocktails and all sorts of amazingness.

No comments:

Post a Comment