Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Reverb 10 : Day 14 for R

Prompt: Appreciate. What's the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? How do you express gratitude for it?

I've come to appreciate routine and stability in my life. 

When I was younger, I used to love drama and equated drama to having an exciting life.  As college wrapped up, I truly felt like I had hit my lifetime limit of drama (right N?!).  College taught me that not all drama is good drama - we saw some pretty intense stuff, which lead me finally understand that drama isn't always exciting and your life is better without it.

This year (compared to last) has been a bit more predictable (even with it being busy and the house flood situation).  I now live for the weeks that are stable and routing (go to work, go to the gym, eat dinner, sleep and repeat).  I even now live for weekends where I can sleep in my own bed without my makeup on (sounds sketchy, but its not). 

While conversing with N, she also brought up one thing that I need to learn to appreciate:  myself.

I'm very quick to assume that I don't bring value to situations and that I am not able to handle certain things.  That needs to change, because looking back in various situations and relationships, I really do think that I have provided value and I need to start believing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment