Thursday, December 16, 2010

Reverb 10 : Day 16 for R

Day 16 Prompt: Friendship. How has a friend changed you or your perspective of the world this year? Was this change gradual or a sudden burst?

I have three!  So I've listed the out and why below:

1.  Miss N.  Like she said, its surprising that after being friends our entire lives she can still change my viewpoint and perspective on things.  N has really taught me to handle situations better.  Like she says "at the end of the day, you'll do the right thing" and allows me to vent with her and then put a smile on my face and do the right thing with others.  She's taught me that I'm a good person and changed my perspective that not everyone is a good person, and to focus my energies on those who are.  She's also given me the opportunity to be her sounding board this year (for the first time EVER!) and therefore shown me that I can be wiser than I think.  She continues to be my cheerleader and am forever grateful.

2.  Miss Gravy Train.  Last year, she was a great friend to me as we were both in our first years of marrige.  This year she has provided value by listening to me during good and bad times.  She's shown me that no matter who we are, we all have the same challenges in our relationship.  Hearing that helped me realize that "I'm not alone" and also just reinforced that I can come to her and value her opinion, as she's probably experienced it in some form or another.  She's also showing me ways to deal with passive agressiveness.  This change has been gradual as well.

3.  Miss Studio G.  Miss Studio G is the Caroline Manzo of our group.  She really is there as a wise leader.  She teaches us things from her Bible and often sends us emails letting her know how she appreciates us in her life.  This year, I watched Miss Studio G be the strong pillar in her family.  She's shown me that no matter what's going on, wives are truly the foundation of a marriage/family.  There were times this year where I was truly in awe with her.  She also surprises me constantly with always asking "how are you" and truly being interested in that answer.  The perspective change with her was a sudden burst.

There you have it - three strong women who have shown/taught me something this year that I hope to never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment