Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Reverb 10: Day 7 for N

Day 7 Prompt: Community. Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create, or more deeply connect with in 2011?

In case you haven't heard of Meetup, I'll explain what it is. It allows people to create groups (public or private) for those with common interests in their areas. You can choose to participate or to opt out of whatever you want. This is awesome for me because I can bail on activities at the last minute without making anyone angry. ;) I was looking for a book club last year and managed to join a handful of groups that looked fun. This year I've been more active and have found - besides book clubs - people to volunteer with, fellow single girls to hang out with, and a connection to the Indian community. The internet is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment