Thursday, December 29, 2011

Looking Back at Reverb 10

So I was inspired by N's recent post and decided to reply my own.


Desired descriptive word for 2011:  Experiences.  I've definitely had a ton of experiences (both good and bad - another post to come on that later) this year and I've grown because of them.


11 things my life doesn't need in 2011: The 11 things I wanted to get rid of in 2011 were:  "Feeling guilty, not recycling, feeling self conscious, fear of confrontations, caring too much about other's opinions, not taking vitamins, not taking off my makeup, wearing heals, worrying about things outside my control, not calling people back in a timely fashion and addiction to online shopping."  Well, I'm happy to say that I've done some of these things...in fact, I bought my first pair of flats this year and have REALLY enjoyed wearing them.  I have also started to take my vitamins due to a couple of health conditions.  I still have some work to do, like feeling self conscious at the gym and taking off my makeup.  


Thing to try in 2011:  Last year, I wrote that I wanted to eat at the dining room table.  Well, we did buy a new dining room table this year and we have yet to use it nightly.  OOOPS!


Places to travel in 2011:  Last year, I wrote:  "Next year, I'm hoping for ULC reunion in Sonoma, trips to ATL and Raleigh (which are constant), a trip to Spain with G$, and a R/N adventure :)."  Well, we did have a mini ULC reunion (minus Miss J) in Sonoma for my birthday, and G$ and I did get a great trip to Portugal/Spain in 2011 - a trip I'll remember forever.  I didn't go to ATL as much as I expected to - there's just not as much there for me anymore.  I did do one last trip to Raleigh before Miss N moved, and a couple of trips to Vtown, a couple of trips to Palm Springs.  And then there was a good amount of work travel this year - all in all, a successful travel year.


Thing to achieve in 2011:   Last year I wrote that I wanted to complete my 30 before 30 list in 2011.  Well, I may not have completed "those exact 30 things," but I have had many new experiences that took me out of my comfort zone.  I hope to continue to push myself in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment