Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Best 5 Things Eaten All Year

Now that we're wrapping up the year, I thought it was only appropriate to summarize the best 5 things I've eaten all year. This will be quite hard since everyday on vacation I claimed to eat something better than the day before.


1.  Cod ala Brassa:  Portuguese for hasbrowns, fish and eggs, yes please!  This was a delicious lunch, and for as heavy as it sounds, it was light as a feather.


2.  Jamon Iberico at the Hotel Arts:  This tasted like pure butter and it was worth every calorie. This jamon was packed with flavor, one that still makes my mouth water when I think about it.


3.  Bone Marrow and Popovers (tie) at Wayfare Tavern:  I know the popovers may be a random thing to choose, especially when their menu is packed with all sorts of yumminess!  But the popovers were extremely delicious and light (sadness that their not GF and I can no longer eat them).  The bone marrow was AMAZING.  I've typically only had bone marrow the way my mom makes it, but this was fantastic.  The presentation was quite nice as well.


4.  Vanilla and Chocolate Creme Brulee at One Market:  Who doesn't like creme brulee? This was perfectly smooth, with hints of vanilla and chocolate, not overly rich, and had that hard sugar shell.  Also doesn't hurt that I was drinking a bottle of the 1981 Caymus Cab Sauv with it.


5.  Kanpashi Sashimi with Special Soy at Kanpai Sushi in LA:  I met up with an old friend from college and his girlfriend and they introduced me to Kanpai.   This may be the best sushi I've ever had, even better than the sushi I tried in Japan.  The yellowtail was perfectly sliced, with seared jalapenos and a truffle oil.  YUM!  A must go to if you're in LA.

No comments:

Post a Comment