Friday, December 23, 2011

Looking Back at Reverb 10

Judging from the empty desks and quiet facebook world, I must be one of the only fools at work today. So to cure my boredom I'm reading old Reverb 10 posts to see what goals I had set for this year.



  • Desired descriptive word for 2011: Answers. I ended last year searching for a change (personally, professionally, or geographically) and wasn't sure what would happen. I got one huge answer in the form of a job offer here in the Bay Area. The professional and geographical changes happened, and personal changes inevitably come along with those.

  • 11 things my life doesn't need in 2011: long PJ pants (partial success, partial fail); procrastination (fail); dehydration (fail); avoidance of confrontation (success-ish); grazing (fail); a pushover personality (success-ish); disconnects (success); lack of go-to items (success); timidity (success?); lack of skin care (success); uncertainty (success-ish). Wow, not such a great record there.


  • Lesson to apply to 2011: I have a voice. I wanted to apply this to my career by being more vocal and visible. Luckily, my job is forcing me to do this because I'm paving my own way through a newly-created role. Slowly but surely, I'm getting the word out!

  • Thing to heal in 2011: fear of the unknown. I haven't always dealt well with the unknown this year, but I definitely faced the fear. "Starting over" has proven to be harder at age 31 than it was at age 24; however, it turns out that some of the unknowns aren't so scary after all. :)

  • Thing to try in 2011: everything. By my standards, I've done a good job at taking every opportunity that's floated my way this year. Rarely have I said "no" to social interactions, and I've gone on many bad dates because I thought I should at least try to seize the opportunities!


  • Places to travel in 2011: ATL, Sonoma, and somewhere exotic. Haha. Well, I was in ATL (and will be there briefly tomorrow), but I didn't have the "normal" trips as expected since I moved a wee bit farther away. I made it to Sonoma twice since it's right next door now. The most exotic place I went was Puerto Vallarta - does that count?


  • Thing to achieve in 2011: regain a good body image. The holiday season is not the best time to review this one...although does eating every cookie that's come my way count as "taking advantage of every opportunity" (see above)? I must say, I have accepted the annoying body changes that came about with turning 30 and no longer freak out when I have to buy a more curvy cut in pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment