Friday, June 17, 2011

Why I'm Excited for N to be in the Bay Area

When I tell people that N is moving to the Bay Area, they respond with "OMG - that's like a dream come true for you!  How excited are you!"  This is all people:  close friends (like Coop and Duh), new friends that I met last weekend, and people I barely know.  WOW - leads me to believe one thing "I talk about N waaaaaaaaay too much!"

But that said, it really makes me happy to see how excited others are for her to move out here and how excited they are for me :)  So I've put together some specific reasons I'm happy for N to be here:

10.  Weekly Wednesday date nights where we try new recipes that we've logged on a Google Spreadsheet (are you surprised?) and times when one of us will throw a pot on for the other, like our college days.

9.  Having a place that I know I can go to when G$ is being a brat (b/c I'm rarely one) or is watching insane amounts of sports

8.  Saving 35 cents in shipping a birthday card across the country, and simply being able to hand it over on the ACTUAL day with a cupcake

7.  Not having to binge drink when N's visiting with every bottle of wine I've saved to open with her.  Now we will just binge drink on our weekly dates ;)

6.  Having someone encourage me to return all the things I buy online and don't like when they arrive.  I kid you not, because of not returning online purchases, I probably have over $1000 worth of stuff I'll never use (that doesnt' include the 10 pairs of shoes I bought for my wedding and didn't wear)

5.  Back to feeling tall in comparison.  But N will go back to feeling not like a klutz.

4.  Being able to see outfits in person, rather than the sketchy iPhone/Droid pics we send back and forth, and are forever in our SMS history.

3.  Being able to have a capri collection, courtesy of N's pants that are "normal" legnth on her. That goes along with doubling my collection of accessories, handbags, clutches, etc. If only I could squeeze my feet into her shoes...



2.  Since we are both product whores, we tend to buy different things and then when we visit its like going into a store and trying ALL new things.  Now I won't have to go 6 months (and $400) later to try new products!

1.  Having a my best friend, who is also southern avocado head, less than a mile away from work to meet me at Target.

1 comment: