Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Splurge Versus Steal

Another one of my favorite articles in magazines is the one where they detail a splurge purchase versus a steal purchase.  I'm going to attempt to do do this same thing.

Pencil Eyeliner:

Splurge:  Dior Waterproof Crayon EyelinerI definitely recommend the black one as one you definitely need.  I use this in my inner eye and it doesn't affect my contacts or sensitive/dry eyes.

Steal:  L'Oreal Hip Chrome Eyeliner.  This lines like a gel liner with a convenience of a pencil.  At 2 for $10 at Ulta, they are a STEAL!  They come in fun colors:  glittery black, gold, silver and violet.  I got the gold, violet and sparkly black.  No complaints thus far.

Which is better?:  For my inner eye, I prefer the Dior liner; for my upper eyelid, I prefer the L'Oreal.

Body Lotion:

Splurgephilosophy Firming Body Lotion.  So this stuff smells GREAT!  It reminds me of something (can't figure out what) that takes me to my happy place.  Its a great lotion for a summer day as its fairly light and not overpowering.

Steal:  Nivea Firming Moisturizer.  This is my go-to lotion, especially for winter or the days that I swim.  It enriches my skin and sucks up all the dryness.  I like the way it smells and the bottle lasts for quite some time.

Which is better?: For a hot day, the philosophy. For winter, the firming.  Since I use a ton of lotion, I keep the philosophy for "special occassions" where I know I'll be outside and need to smell good :)

What are your splurges versus steals for eyeliner and lotions?

No comments:

Post a Comment