Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Mediterranean Quinoa Salad

Recipes provide a source of inspiration to me.  I take the procedure as guidance and then tailor and fine tune it with the random things in my kitchen.  Yesterday, I saw this Couscous Feta Salad from Trader Joe's and this was my inspiration for dinner.  I ended up making a similar concoction with Quinoa. 

Ingredients:
1 cup of quinoa (I used the red kind because its pretty)
1 can of garbanzo beans
3 stalks diced green onion
4 basil leaves
Handful of feta
1/2 teaspoon of cumin
1/2 teaspoon of ground coriander
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon of onion powder
salt and pepper to taste
italian dressing to taste (i would have been ok with just olive oil and balsamic)

Procedure:
Cook qunioa per the package directions (I substitued water for chicken broth).  Allow the quinoa to cool (I stuck it in the fridge while I showered).  Toss all ingredients together and there you have a light meal.  This was our main meal, but it could have made a great side dish with a piece of grilled meat.


No comments:

Post a Comment