Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Bottles of Wine Under $30

I've been working on this post for quite some time, and I wanted to share some staples of wine that are in our wine fridge and are reasonably inexpensive (less than $30).  There are some that are in the low price range that G and I will open when we think we can't finish the bottle (HA!  Like that actually happens) :) 

I tend to remember wine by the labels, so I've included labels with my recommendations!  You'll notice that I tend to love California wines, so I've included those.  Enjoy and feel free to share your favorites!

1.  Ravenswood Cabernet Sauvignon Vitner's Blend



2.  7 Deadly Zins - Zinfandel



3.  2007 Ledson Sonoma County Sauvignon Blanc
Price:  $22
Notes:  Perfect wine for a summer day.  Light and crisp, like biting into a pear.  You can only order this from the vineyard, but I TOTES recommend this.



4.  Cinnabar Mercury Rising: 
Price:  $20
Notes:  A great red blend.  Like all of their wines, allow it to open for about 15 minutes prior to tasting



5. Savannah Chanelle Syrah
Price:  $20
Notes:  A must have during my Friday night chinese take out.  Don't get me wrong, this is a fantastic wine with fancier foods, but I look forward to it with my mu shu pork :)



6.  Downhill Barbera
Notes:  FANTASTIC bottle of wine.  Truly, one of my favorites that I'm so excited to open when it is in our wine fridge.



7.  V. Sattui 2007 Alexander Valley Cabernet Franc
Price:  $30
Notes:  One sentence - "The zing to your pepperoni pizza" - How could you not love this?!


9.  2004 Ridge Genache
Price:  $24
Notes:  Aside from having amazing views and self proclaiming to be the "best winery in the WORLD," they do make pretty awesome wines :)

No comments:

Post a Comment