Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Ways to Spend My Day (If I didn't have to work)

Lately, my favorite thing to fantasize about is how I would spend my day if I wasn't working. I know everyone thinks I'd be really bored after a week of not working, but I really don't think I would...I think I would LOVE it, of course if I could get paid real money to not work :)


Here are the top 6 ways I would spend my day if I didn't have to work:


1. Cook. I took a cooking class in January (yumm, Vietnamese food) and am taking one more tonight with the ladies. Don't get me wrong, I love that G enjoys cooking, but there are times (especially when I can see indian mothers everywhere judging me) where I would like to have a nice warm dinner ready for him when he finishes his day.


2. Excercise. I strive to go to the gym about 4-5 days a week, but these are quick workouts that just get my blood pumping and ensure that I don't gain 10000 pounds (mama likes to eat). I would love to take advantage of the fun classes that are offered in the middle of the day at my gym. Classes like bosu, spinning, cardio yoga, pilates are just some that all hot housewives get to attend....hot software executives (like myself) are restricted to the treadmill and some weights.


3. Charity Work. Certain causes (especially those affecting kids) are ones that I'm greatly interested in. When I was younger, volunteering was an activity that I frequently participated in. As an adult, I can't remember the last time I volunteered because work and life are always in the way.


4. Travel. Traveling anywhere is such a drag when you have limitations on when you can travel due to client meetings and/or conference calls. Travel also becomes very expensive if you can't fly on a random day like Tuesday. But with no work life, I could fly whenever Delta wanted me to and I could see


5. Be a better person. Oftentimes, I am in bad mood due to a bad day at work. This results me in being a bad daugther (to my parents), a moody sister, a grumpy wife, poorly dressed friend, and cranky daughter-in-law. HOWEVER, if I didn't have bad days at work because of no work, then I would be the fabulous person we all know I can be.


6. Shop! Malls are so much less crowded during the middle of the day on a Tuesday. It allows you to really see all the clothes / shoes / accessories in great detail and put together FANTASTIC outfits. Rather than dressing like a homeless person daily, with the right amount of time at the mall, I could be dressed like this, with awesome accessories:

Lastly, I'll say this here (and only here), that if I didn't work, I'd promise G that I would care for this "dog" he thinks we are getting. Haha, I have him fooled - I'll stop working and then develop an allergy to it.
Yay! Work is over now :)
-R

No comments:

Post a Comment