Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Twilight Super Powers

I fell into the addiction known as Twilight back in October on my way back from vacationing in Mexico. Twilight was the only English book in the Mexico City airport, so rather than bothering G in my quest for attention, I bought Twilight.

We upgraded to first class, and there I sat - a grown woman, with a glass of red wine, reading Twilight and anxiously waiting to see if Bella chose Edward or Jacob. A few teenage girls boarded the flight and high-fived me for my taste in reading material...FANTASTIC!

So now, a few months later (I only read on airplanes) I am almost thru with the last book - Breaking Dawn.

I started to think...if I could have any of their super powers, who's would I choose:

Character: Edward
Super Power: Hear everyone's thoughts
R's Opinion: Man, I could NOT hang out with Edward...nor could he hang out with me. My thoughts are SO random and disorganized that I would drive him crazy. I also wouldn't want this super power, doesn't seem like that much fun to me.

Character: Jasper
Super Power: Affect the emotions in his surrounding
R's Opinion: This is a cool super power, because you could control how people feel at any time. I would make people cry everytime I left a room (HAHA!). But this isn't one of my favorites.

Character: Bella
Super Power: Control her behavior around humans
R's Opinion: I definitely need to learn how to control my behavior around humans during the weekend after a few cocktails. (I saw someone sober for the first time at a Superbowl party, and was then embarrassed because I tend to say rude things about her when she's in close proximity after a few glasses of champers).

Character: Alice
Super Power: See in the future

R's Opinion: This is the ONE I would want! Man, I'm SO impatient, to know what the future holds based on your decisions is SO priceless!

So there you have it, I like to read like I'm 14 (same to the tv shows I watch) and if I could have one super power, I'd choose to see in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Jasper! I want to make people chill when they're pissing me off or feel euphoric when I'm around :) I think we both need the general vampire ability to not get hurt since we're the biggest klutzes EVER.

    ReplyDelete