Monday, February 1, 2010

2010 Grammy's in the Eyes of R

I'm sitting here watching "Notorious," in my hotel room because of the great flood of 2009. As I watch it, I am thinking of last night's Grammy awards. I didn't watch them because I was at a cooking class (I'm learning to be a good domestic wife), but I did read about them online and watch E! during my workout.

I think Beyonce is great with her catchy songs. N and I met her once in high school, she told us we were AMAZING, and of course we knew that she was a smart woman. Her dress seems a bit too uncomfortable - similar to Mariah Carey's dress at the MTV Music Awards and she couldn't get up the stairs to accept her awards. I was surprised to see Beyonce voted as number 2 best dress (for her white dress).



I strongly dislike Taylor Swift - something about her looks like a cross of a mouse and a bird. And seriously, her songs take 10 minutes to write because they're awful! Seriously, I can't believe she won album of the year. She should thank Kanye West for her recent fame.

I like the Rhianna / Kanye / Jay-Z collaboration - "Run This Town." Rhianna's dress and hairstyle is a bit interesting, I used to think the asymetrical bob suited her face really well. This is the dress she sported last night pre-Grammy:



I absolutely love the show Glee, and loved Lea Michele's dress last night. Its such a fun dress and fits her well. Did you know that her and "Quinn Fabre" live together?


And how does the cast from "Jersey Shore" manage to score invitations to the Grammy's? If I wanted to see a bunch of people with fake coach bags and awful hair run around, I'd go people watch in inner California. I'm much more of a "The Hills" (Team LC!) or "Real Housewives" (when they were rich) reality show kind of girl.

The Grammy's will always remind me of being in high school, watching the Grammy's on the phone with N, and seeing Nick Lachey for the first time and the scream that caused both of our parents to think that something serious had happened to our health, rather than just seeing a hot guy

What's everyone's favorite / least favorite dress?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED Lea Michele's dress too, and my exact thought when Beyonce was up there was how she once told us we were beautiful. ;) I really liked the top of Christina Milian's dress but not the bottom. Kesha looked awful and should have hung out with the Jersey Shore crew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is all this nonsense about the Jersey Shore?!? Is it like Real Housewives NJ but without the moms?

    ReplyDelete