Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Ode to a DVR

I have a TV on during every second that I'm inside my house, even sometimes while I'm asleep. I absolutely adore TV. Yes, I know it's an unhealthy habit which rots my brain, but there's something so comforting about the background noise and about the people I get to meet through those black boxes. Anyway, here is an outline of the shows that I'm dedicated to and recommend, aside from daily sprinklings of The Today Show, BH 90210, and E! News.

Monday
How I Met Your Mother: If you liked Friends, you'll like HIMYM. It's hilarious and incredibly quotable. It has NPH too, hello!

The Big Bang Theory: I don't watch this one religiously, but it's funny and appeals to the nerd in us all.

Tuesday
90210: Will Silver keep jumping from one love triangle to the next? Will Hannah Zuckerman-Vasquez ever reappear after her cameo in the first episode? Is there any way to convince Kelly and Harry to stay on the show? Oh, the dramz!

Wednesday
Glee: I don't need to say much here. We all love its quirkiness and scandaliciousness and wish we could randomly burst into song/dance throughout the day. Don't get me started on the freaking long hiatus.

Tori & Dean: Home Sweet Hollywood: Yeah, they keep changing the name based on the couple's whims. This guilty pleasure returns April 5. Tori Spelling is actually really funny. Donna Martin procreates!


Thursday

The Office: Sometimes this show still makes me laugh out loud. I also think John Krasinski is super cute.

Grey's Anatomy: I'm hanging on, hoping it will recapture its glory. At least you can always rely on eye candy and the oh-so-sassy Dr. Bailey.

Project Runway: I've only seen the past couple of seasons, but it's a great combination of fashion and catty people. However, can someone tell me if Marie Claire magazine is really supposed to be pronounced "Mary" Claire, the way Heidi Klum says it?


Friday

The Soup
: This show summarizes (in a hilarious format) all the stupid crap on TV that you would never see so that you can laugh at other people without having to sit through their entire programs. Can you imagine interning for that show and getting paid just to watch TV all week?

Saturday
Hmmm I don't know.


Sunday
Desperate Housewives
: I don't wait in excitement for each episode, but it was great back in the day.

Brothers & Sisters
: The actors make this show, and none of them get on my nerves - a rare phenomenon.

Keeping Up with the Kardashians: Here is another guilty pleasure. How can you not be entertained by this family though?!

Netflix

Weeds (because I don't get Showtime): The recent seasons haven't been that great IMO, but I can't turn away. It's just such a crazy, imaginative trainwreck.

Entourage (because I don't get HBO): I like watching these guys spend their money, watching Ari freak out about everything, and picking out the celebrity cameos.

Mad Men (because I'm behind): I've only seen the first season, but there's such a sexy air about this show.

Hopefully I didn't forget anything. Happy viewing!

-N

No comments:

Post a Comment