Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Teen Mom on MTV

During my time as a glamorous hotel bum (5 hotels in 4 weeks - thank god I'm home now!), I spent a good portion of my time watching MTV (there were limited channels). And I will tell you, I know that MTV had stopped playing music videos a while ago, especially when I was HOOKED on "The Hills." But now, I'm finally ready for them to go back to their strong suit - MUSIC VIDEOS.

As you know, MTV will play the same show OVER and OVER again, and the show of choice while I was hotel surfing was "Teen Mom." That show is OUTRAGEOUS! They are little kids having some other little kids. Dr. Drew hosted the reunion show...I wonder what he thinks of his career path, not that he's hosting reunion shows - but that's another conversation.

While surfing, I also found a movie on Lifetime (which I typically only watch for Tori Spelling movies or Golden Girls) called "Pregnancy Pact," which is about a group of girls who all make a pact to get pregnant together...that's the DUMBEST pact I've ever heard. Some better pacts would be:

1. Let's all wear skirts on Wednesday (yes, I did this pact in the 7th grade)
2. Let's all skip school on Fridays (I was too much of a goody two shoes to do this one)
3. Let's all go to the same college!
4. Let's all eat cheddar cheese for lunch with wheat thins

Don't get me wrong, I think kids are fantastic (when they're well behaved and cute), but I'm very much so a "enjoy your place in life before you fast forward to the next place, because then you'll be old with nothing to do" kind of girl.

One of the baby daddy's on "Teen Mom" decides to propose to his baby mama, and he has to get his dad to drive him to dinner (INSANE), and they go to a Sizzler! O-M-G! What's he gonna do when the baby needs diapers, call his dad again for the ride!?


And with that...I'll leave you with a line from a FANTASTIC SONG "....but T-Bird, I loooooooooove you...."

2 comments:

  1. oh good god with that show. I also saw toddlers and tiaras over the weekend and I was mortified, MORTIFIED

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey now, we were total rebels by skipping homeroom everday!
    I guess this show takes things a step further than "Engaged and Underage." MTV is setting some awesome standards.

    ReplyDelete