Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Things Marriage Treats You

The past few days I've been thinking about what being married really teaches you and your spouse.  Here are the things G has learned about me (and my awesomeness):

1.  G's common question:  What's all that color on the white pillow case (or bathroom sink)?
      Answer:  That's make up kids!  Yes, I think G quickly realized that my skin color isn't always so glowy and perfect.  He learned that when I look like a cherub, its because there's a good investment on my face...one that will stain shirts, pillow cases, towels if I rub my face on them.

2.  G's common question:  How do you manage to have so much hair on your head, as well as the bathroom floor, sinks, etc.
       Answer:  I was so amused that G didn't know that women shed hair.  Growing up with two other women in my household, and then 6 women in college I just assumed that this was normal.  OOPS.  Looks like someone forget to let the malefolk into this truth.

3.  The following "truths" you told yourself and your spouse (pre marriage) are not open lies since the spouse is ALWAYS around:  my eyebrows always look amazing, I smell awesome 100% of the time, I make no bodily noises, I'm normal, etc.

4.  No matter how hot it is outside, I am ALWAYS cold - even with a hoodie, long pants and a blanket on my lap.

5.  Last week, G went into Sephora with Gravy Train and me.  Mind you, I had just gone to ULTA earlier that day.  After a good 45 minutes in the store, I bought makeup to add to the collection.  Two lessons here for G:  never take me to a makeup store AND there is no such thing as too much makeup.

That's all for now folks.  Keep tuned to what I've learned about marriage :)

1 comment:

  1. HA HA HA HA, well to point #5 i would like to reference point #1 "because there's a good investment on my face" HA HA, I am going to use that with Xtian.

    ReplyDelete