Thursday, May 13, 2010

30 Before 30

As much as I try to ignore it, my 30th birthday will come to stomp on my already squished body exactly 6 months from today. So I present to you, in random order, my list of things I'd like to do before then.

Disclaimer: This is, by no means, a bucket list. I can't realistically take a massive road trip, cliff dive, or volunteer in a foreign country in the next 6 months. I've also left off items that are too dependent on other people or circumstances.
  1. Face my fear of "things I must do" lists (DONE)
  2. Make a complicated, 3 course meal from scratch
  3. Visit one of the places in NC that everyone raves about but I've never seen
  4. Give money to a homeless person
  5. Plant something - anything - and keep it alive
  6. Initiate a conversation with a stranger
  7. Learn to whistle
  8. Create a piece of artwork to hang in my house
  9. Buy a right hand ring
  10. Go 24 hours (while at home, not out of town) without turning on a TV
  11. Call 2 people I rarely speak to, just to say hello
  12. Take a singing lesson
  13. Go for a walk in the rain
  14. Buy a bikini (even though I can't commit to wearing it)
  15. Find out my blood type
  16. Buy a drink for a stranger
  17. Learn to hem my own pants
  18. Find my signature scent
  19. Order from a menu by closing my eyes and pointing to something
  20. Reteach myself one thing I learned in college (in class, not socially)
  21. Try a new recreational sport (leaving this vague - skiing, surfing, anything else - based on opportunity)
  22. Watch 5 documentaries and actually learn something from them
  23. Reread one of my favorite childhood books
  24. Watch a movie outdoors
  25. Buy something "significant" from an airport store that isn't food, drink, or reading material
  26. Master a complicated yoga pose
  27. Buy myself a lottery ticket
  28. Leave inspiring messages in 5 public places
  29. Go to a temple alone
  30. Get photographic proof of as many things on this list as possible
Backups:
  1. Smash a plate in Greece
  2. Go camping
  3. Sing a karaoke solo (no hiding behind a group) at a bar
  4. Go to a movie alone

No comments:

Post a Comment