Tuesday, July 10, 2012

R's Top 5 Must Haves for Summer Skin

So, with summer comes baring your legs, arms and minimizing the foundation.  So with that said, I've found some new staples (all under $30) for my summer skin care:

1.  Olive Body Scrub from the Body Shop.  I can't say enough about this product.  I use it once a week on Monday morning, leave it on for a few minutes and then wash it off.  I can feel my skin feel fresh and moisturized without that icky residue.  It is also a very mild scent which I adore.  I will be posting a comparison blog with another scrub.

2.  Schick Quattro Trim Style.  So I used the Venus rake product last year, and this year found this at Target.  It has three different comb lengths and then the option to take the comb off completely - based on your hairstyle ;).  I read that the trimmer lasts up to a couple of years - amazing!  Even if it doesn't, it's quite a steal at $11, and is a trimmer and razor in one!  The Venus rake product was a separate rake and razor, and is pricier than its $11 competitor.


3.  City Block Sheer Sunscreen SPF 25.  This is a steal at $21!  I love this product because not only does it work well as a sunscreen, I use it as a primer as well.  On Saturday/Sunday afternoons where I need some coverage, I will wear the sunscreen (to protect my face) along with some powder, mascara and a hint of bronzer - voila - I look as natural as one can be without a zit showing :)


4.  Nars Orgasm Blush.  This is another must have, regardless of season.  During summer, I especially love the natural glow this product provides with any level of tan.  The product is practically smudge proof - I've worn it on 18 hour travel days, gym sessions - it literally keeps a great glow, but comes off with my makeup remover.


5.  MAC Lip Conditioner:  LOVE LOVE LOVE.  This product is better than Carmex, which is blasphemy!  This product isn't sticky, virtually has no smell and keeps lips moisturized for hours on end...love love love.  go buy this!


Bonus:  MAC Fix+ Spray:  This is great, especially in the summer.  I recommend spraying it when you have minimal eye makeup on.  I do love how it feels, especially on my face on a hot day.  I have been known to put this in the fridge on a hot day :)  I also LOVE having this when I get off of a long plane ride.


There's obviously products that aren't included, but I wanted to keep this affordable and easy to find :)

No comments:

Post a Comment