Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Nailed It, Part 1: The New French Manicure

R and I are both obsessed with our nails, constantly experimenting with them, and thought it'd be fun to share some opinions/tips.  I love, love the fact that so many new trends are coming about.  To me, having a great manicure (whether done at home or in a salon) has many benefits.  For one, if you need to dress pretty demurely for work, your nails are a "safe" way to show off your personal style.  Two, they're a good conversation starter.  Three, if you're like me and can't make decisions or commitments, you're in luck because neither of those is really required!  Anything goes, and you don't have to worry about what size you wear. :)


On to the "new" French manicures.  I can't really advise on how to get a nice, straight tip because I just freehand it.  There are a few different options:


1.  Clear nails with colored tips.  This was my first venture, so I didn't use a super bold color.  It's a great way to ease into it or to use a color that you feel is too overwhelming on your full nail.
[OPI natural nail strengthener + some slightly sparkly OPI magenta that I can't remember]


2.  Light nails with dark tips.  Once again, subtle because it's the same color family, but it's something different.  The opposite would also look great.
[OPI Do You Lilac It? + Chanel Paradoxal]

3.  Colorblocked.  Oh, the possibilities are endless.  Pink + orange, blue + yellow, purple + teal, color + metallic...I'm obsessed with this YSL photo and would love to try it.

4.  The reverse.  I have yet to find the patience to attempt this, but I think it looks amaze.  Any of the combinations mentioned above would work.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment