Friday, March 30, 2012

Oh Lottery Winnings...Let Me Count the Ways

So, as the Mega Millions inch towards $640 million, with the take home pay being $460 million (which comes down to $64k a day - I could live on that) - here's what I would do.


Now one could argue, whether you should keep working or not.  I say you work, but at something you enjoy doing and don't have to worry about "putting up with so you can pay mortgage, bills, etc."  


So, as G$ and I have been daydreaming, here's what we've come up with:


1.  We'd give a good amount to our parents as a gift or surprise them by paying off their houses and associated properties.  Maybe that would keep everyone content that they don't' have a grandkid.


2.  I'd like to gift my close friends with something nice, or host an all expenses paid vacation where we could take over an all inclusive and it would be included.  G and I would pick our favoritest people to spend this time with, and those who would have the most fun!


3.  I would obviously pay off our house, my car, rack up a huge bloomies bill to pay off :)  I'd then look for a comfortable modest home in the hills with an amazing view and a hot tub.  I'd also like there to be a great wine cellar.


4.  I'd take 12-18 months off so that we could find the best beach in the world.  From Australia to Indonesia to Greece, we'd cover it all to make sure we didn't miss one.  I'd try to get into photography before we left so that I could get some amazing shots.


5.  G said he'd like to spend his days on the tennis court.  So while he's busy, I'd find various charities that I could spend my time with and help make the world a better place.


What would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment