Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Brazilian Black Rice - With Some Modifications

Since I am home all week without work travels, I vowed to cook more and get more done around the house.  With yesterday being G$'s first day of work at a new gig (hee hee), I decided a nicer meal than chili was in order.

We've both been dying to try black rice - we've heard its really good for you.  So I found this recipe from Food and Wine online, and made some modifications.  I added clams because I really do adore them with white wine and tomatoes. I used GF/LF free butter, which tastes the EXACT same. I also added a few strands of saffron and three dried red chilies (since G$ prefers food spicy).  It was DELISH.  I think that black rice may end up substituting brown rice in our household.  



Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment