Friday, May 20, 2011

Perplexing Things

  • Why has the fashion industry started referring to things that come in pairs as though they are singular? When I hear "a smoky eye," "a pink lip," or "a nude shoe," I imagine being terribly off-balance in appearance.
  • I've been contacted by a few dudes from NYC through the world of online dating. They all immediately rave about how much they looooove the city and would never live elsewhere. Well then why are they emailing girls who live nowhere near NYC? I have no problems with long-distance relationships, but it seems presumptuous to tell someone right off the bat that they'll have to move to your city - and to assume they heart NY as much as you do and would jump at the chance.
  • Why do some people immediately respond to facebook messages or posts but take days to reply to emails?
  • How come women become sweet little old ladies when they age, while men become curmudgeons? Is it a chemical thing, or do they just figure they can stop pretending to be pleasant after a certain age?
  • How come everyone interviewed on reality competition shows says "I'm here to win, I really want to be first place?" Uh, isn't that kind of the whole point for anyone in a competition? Do they really think the other contestants are like "Yeah I've been a loser all my life and really want to keep up the trend?
  • Why do some restaurants offer vegetables as a side dish for a vegetarian main course while the carnivores get french fries? I, for one, would at least like to be offered the unhealthy option.

No comments:

Post a Comment