Tuesday, January 11, 2011

To Baby or Not to Baby

What seems like a private conversation that typically happens between a couple is now a fair game question for anyone/everyone to ask.  I assumed that this question would simply be for the Indian adults that lack tact.  However, what I'm starting to notice and realize that its not simply a question reserved for the 50+ year old subsect of Indian adults.

I don't understand when this became a question that is fair game to ask.  First and foremost, I don't understand how this affects anyone else's life.  I suppose the next time someone asks and insists that "we must have them," I should retort with "are you going to help support them for the next 18 years."

When people ask the question, and I respond with "I'm not sure yet.  There's alot I still feel like I haven't accomplished at work / personal life."  Oftentimes, that answer comes back with a "shock" look or a "WTF is wrong with you" expression.

I'm of the mindset - that if its meant to be it will be.  But I'll be honest - it is just not the right time for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment