Wednesday, January 19, 2011

2010 Reunion-a-RoNi #6 / 2011 Reunion-a-RoNi #1

Yeah, this is a bit delayed. I was going to title this "A New Decade-a-RoNi," but there's some controversy about whether the new decade actually started last year or this year. L-Woww says it starts this year since there was no Year 0, and I tend to agree.

My, how things have changed since we last had a reunion-a-RoNi for New Years Eve! A lot happens in...6 years?

Friday: Flew to SFO (9 hrs after arriving home from NY, mind you). Reunited with R and G$, lunched, bummed, and got dolled up. Dined on Italian food, vino, and bubbly with some additional company while I kept having to go upstairs and reglue R's false eyelashes that I was sporting that night. Freaked out the religious brown cab driver who took us to Sino. Holed up at our private table for hours of drinking, people watching, silly photos, party horns, and ringing in 2011. Went home to drink more, eat tater tots (of course), and pass out.

Saturday: Found a show called "What Did I Do Last Night?" on a British channel and settled on the couches amid piles of blankets watching until the sun went down. Literally. It was awesome. Finally showered, went out for pho, and returned to said couches.

Sunday: R and G$ decided that I should finally see a couple of the wineries that she always promises to take me to. Hit up Savannah Chanelle for a tasting, told the man there we were ChEs, and got to see their lab and barrel room. Sampled and purchased their awesome mustard. Headed to Cinnabar for another tasting. Lunched and returned to...you guessed it, the couches. :)

Monday: R and I headed into the city and started with a round-trip walk over the Golden Gate Bridge. Marveled at the clear weather and gorg views. Had yummy vegetarian sliders at The Plant. Walked around, headed to Union Square, shopped, gossipped, etc. Gorged on Thai food at Osha and headed home.

Tuesday: Spa Day! Massages, jacuzzi, sauna, lunch, and beautification at Burke Williams. Shopping at Santana Row. Rough afternoon. Went home to get G$ and go pig out at Los Altos Grill. Debated staying up all night in preparation for my 5:30am flight but did not.

Wednesday: Woke up at the crack of dawn and made R and G$ take me to the airport like the wonderful guest that I am. Sad goodbyes.




No comments:

Post a Comment