Monday, November 29, 2010

A Tradition I Love

As I've gotten older and starting my life/family with G$, I've really want to start having traditions that we can do for years to come.  SO, last year I was feeling a bit homesick during Thanksgiving and we started the tradition of "Wednesday Night PreGame Thanksgiving Dinner." 

Last year, we had asian foods (all prepared while we had a leeeeeeetle too much wine.  so all my foods had insane amount of sriracha, fish sauce, hoison and soy sauce), broke all of our wine glasses, and had an amazing time. 

This year, we decided to be a bit more traditional and have an american meal with the following:  G$'s Prime Rib, Gravy Train's Famous Couscous Salad, Pistol's Bruschetta, Vicky Bee's Famous Spinach Dip, D's Fancy Truffle Mac and Cheese with Pancetta, and Noey's Mashed Potatoes.  For dessert, we had Derby Pie (recipe courtesy of Miss L-Woww), please see picture below.



This year, no wine glasses were broken - even after 11 bottles were consumed :)  This may be one of my favorite traditions, and I'm excited to continue hosting every year :)

2 comments: