Monday, November 8, 2010

Sunday Funday Dinners

Gravy Train has mentioned the idea of Sunday dinners to me for quite some time.  The conversation usually ends with "why don't we live closer, so we could do these all the time!?"  That is something that usually ends our Sunday dinner conversations.

Recently, me and G$ have decided to use Sunday dinners as our opportunity to test new recipes that we can then use when friends come over (and since Gravy Train and Xtian are my only friends that like to eat and are willing to rough it to my 'hood, they can be our guinea pigs).

So in the past few weeks, I want to share what's been on the menu for Sunday Funday dinners:

French Onion Soup with Grilled Cheese
Paired with a 2007 Savannah Chanelle Cab Sauv

Wild Mushroom Rissoto with Seared Scallops and Pancetta
Paired with a 2007 Ledson Sauv Blanc (DELISH, and only $14 / bottle)



Spicy Crab with French Bread Crostinis
Paired with a 2007 Ledson Cab Franc
(G$'s treat to me since it was my bday weekend)

Fresh Sashimi (Octopus, Yellowtail, Salmon, Tuna, Ebi)
Spicy Seaweed Salad
Miso Soup (not pictured)
Paired with a Nigori Sake

The Sunday dinners have been a fun way to end the week, and plan for our next get together at our house.  I'll keep you posted on any other fun ones.  No Sunday dinner this week since I'll be partying it up with Miss N for her big birthday!  Maybe we'll post a joint dinner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment