Tuesday, November 16, 2010

MAC Liquid Liner vs L'oreal Liquid Liner

So, I'm usually a sucker for department store makeup counters, mainly because I can see / smell / try on the product prior to purchase.  Nothing stresses me out more than buying an unknown makeup product at my local Target (what if it smells bad, or I simply just don't like it). 

Therefore, my standby liquid liner was LiquidLast by MAC...until this recent trip to the RDU to celebrate Miss N's birthday and I tried her L'Oreal Telescopic Liquid Liner! 

I'll run thru the reasons I like the L'Oreal Telescopic Liner is the felt tip brush.  The angled felt tip brush allows you to create a thin line or a thicker line.  I also think it allows you to make the cat eye easier than a normal brush.  Here are some other reasons I love this particular liner:
  • Color does remain on all night, but its VERY easy to take off
  • Matte color
  • Great price point
  • Did I mention the felt brush?  It truly allows for a smooth slick application.
  • Cons:  Limited color selection (black, brown, dark brown)
Now onto the Mac LiquidLast Liner and how I feel:
  • Variety of colors
  • Nice glossy color
  • Stays on thru anything.  Seriously, I could go thru a tsunami and this liner would still be there
  • Cons:
    • An actual brush which causes the hairs to be all over the place and affect the smooth application
    • About double the price of the L'Oreal
    • Takes a few products to get it off
So, what would I buy?  The L'Oreal is my winner. Let's hope they get more colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment