Sunday, November 21, 2010

Done!

I managed to finish the last item on my "30 before 30" list at around midnight on my birthday. It was a living document so I made some changes as I went along, but I can now officially say I've done everything listed below. 29 was a good year for new experiences and breaking out of the ole comfort zone.
Kudos to everyone who put up with me starting every other sentence for the past 6 months with "Well, according to my list I have to..." I must admit, I'll probably be riding this topic out for awhile because it tends to be a great conversation starter on dates. Not that I've had a date recently - but that's neither here nor there. :)
  1. Make a 3 course meal from scratch
  2. Visit one of the places in NC that I've heard about but never made it to
  3. Give money to a homeless person
  4. Plant something - anything - and keep it alive
  5. Buy a right hand ring
  6. Create a piece of artwork to hang in my house
  7. Find out my blood type
  8. Initiate a conversation with a stranger
  9. Dance the zorba in Greece
  10. Go 24 hours at home without turning on a TV
  11. Take a singing lesson
  12. Go for a walk in the rain
  13. Buy a bikini
  14. Find my signature scent
  15. Go on a scavenger hunt
  16. Buy a drink for a stranger
  17. Learn to hem my own pants
  18. Watch 5 documentaries
  19. Go to high tea
  20. Order from a menu by closing my eyes and pointing at something
  21. Try a new recreational activity
  22. Reread one of my favorite childhood books
  23. Watch a movie outdoors
  24. Sing a karaoke solo
  25. Go to a temple alone
  26. Leave inspiring messages in 5 public places
  27. Accept a dare from my girls during my 30th birthday weekend
  28. Do a "difficult" yoga pose
  29. Face my aversion to creating to-do lists for fear of not completing them
  30. Get photographic proof of as many things on this list as possible



No comments:

Post a Comment