Thursday, July 29, 2010

Things I Would Tell My 21 Year Old Self

So, a blog that N and I both read from a fellow high school alum had an interesting post last night, which inspired this post from me.

Below, I've broken out advice by main topics that we all worry about at 21.

Topic 1:  Love
Stop focusing on trying to fall in love so much.  Take this time being single to REALLY enjoy living with 3 of your best friends (and 1 person you will stop speaking to, and 1 stinky girl).  Enjoy the freedom this gives you to travel, stay up all night, have pink EVERYTHING.  Life is fun and carefree - enjoy it (and your grades will be better too, if you don't have a random weirdo in your life).

Topic 2:  Trying to Thin Enough
Enough is never enough.  Eat with your friends, for some reason, people don't like eating with others that only eat 1/2 cup of special k cereal.  Not ok.  That random girl is really skinny, but she's an awful person.  At least you're nice :)

Topic 3:  Rushing To Graduate
This is the hardest!  School was hard - sure, but nothing beats have structure and having your parents there to help you with your goals.  Working is not that fun, you really just work for the weekends.

Topic 4:  Sure, your parents are odd - who's aren't?
Hahaha - I would have never believed that I would enjoy (maybe even LOVE) seeing and spending time with my parents.  Sure they have quirks - whose don't?

Topic 5:  Being popular
This one is silly.  Enjoy good friends.  Ones that love you - math jokes and all.  And embrace the nerd in you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment