Monday, March 15, 2010

Are we turning into our parents...and is it inevitable?

Lately, I observe my interactions with G, and I start to wonder...are we turning into our parents?

I will share some examples:

Scenario 1:  R is on the phone, and G seems to think that's a fantastic time to talk to her about his hairstyle.

Scenario 2:  R is brushing her teeth, again G thinks its a great time to hold a deep conversation regarding the events in our relationship. 

Scenario 3:  Even though G is the house chef, when R is gone - he seems to forget how to feed for himself and eats a meal that requires 8 minutes in a microwave.

Scenario 4:  If R leaves for a trip that is long enough, it requires a run to ensure G has enough clothes to last until she return.   He know has enough underclothes to fit a small nation

Enough of the scenarios.

I remember this happening with my parents and thinking this will never be me.  Looks like I was wrong.

At least the parents are cool...I guess it could be worse.

2 comments: