Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thankful with a Twist

The Today Show did a piece this morning on random things from this past year to be thankful for - besides, as always, family, friends, health, etc.  Of course I decided to make my own list.


  • Backup cameras:  I don't know how my short, can-barely-see-over-the-steering-wheel self survived before I had one.
  • The phrase "first world problems:"  It's incredibly descriptive and so useful.
  • An increase in mobile technology:  Less need for me to pick up a phone to get things done and to carry a bunch of cards in my wallet?  Yes please.
  • Other people's family members who cheer for them on the sidelines of a 5K run:  I act like they're cheering for me too.
  • The Olympics and the election:  They allowed me to pull out many "Did you hear...?" facts in order to break lulls in conversation.  I got to sound fake smart, and the other people in the conversation had to feign interest because, well, you're not allowed to be disinterested in the Olympics or the race for president.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment