Wednesday, November 16, 2011

N's Favorite Traditions

I liked this idea so I'm listing mine now. :) This year will be about establishing new traditions since some of my old ones aren't possible, but I'm excited about trying to combine them all in the future.

  1. Thanksgiving: This is my fave holiday because it revolves completely around relaxing and eating with family and friends. Normally, my family and our extended pseudo-family chooses a city and gets together for an Indian/American/vegetarian/non-vegetarian feast. Sometimes it ends up being 20 people from ages 2-65, and we spend the weekend shopping and playing games.
  2. Santa Bash: For the past few years, Ms. M and I have set aside a full day in December to cook a big brunch, drink champagne, play Scrabble, and watch Christmas movies by the fire. I think I can convince R and G$ to join me this year, with some minor modifications. :)
  3. Christmas: Throughout high school and college, R and Ree and I would go see a movie every year on Christmas day. We've tried to continue this tradition ever since, with whoever happens to be together that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment