Thursday, July 7, 2011

Irrational Fears

All of us have fears - whether its a fear of rejection, failure, or spiders - they exist and fears make us all human.  However, I think there are definitely some fears that I have that are completely irrational.

1.  When I was a kid, I was convinced I was going to be killed in my neighbor's house.  My neighbor (who was a grade older than me) lived in this spanish style home with stucco (which is rare in the south).  She'd invite me over to play, but I'd be paralyzed by fear of dying in her home, so then I just told her to come to my house.

2.  My head rolling off my body randomly one day, without an injury causing my head to separate from my neck.

3.  Being killed in the bathroom at work.  We recently moved up to the 4th floor at work and now share a bathroom with a pyschiatic office and real estate company. Now whenever I go in the bathroom, I check all the doors and corners to make sure no one is hiding out to kill me. My co-workers think this is so funny.

4.  I forgot my biggest one.  I do not like anyone/anything sharp touching the inside of my wrists where my veins are.  Whenever G$ wants me to give in, he'll just try to "tickle" me there, and I'll concede any battle.

Those are some of my irrational fears in a nutshell.

No comments:

Post a Comment