Friday, February 25, 2011

Some R&R in Palm Springs

Thie past weekend G$ adn I jetted down to Palm Springs for a long due weekend away.  We had planned this weekend back in January, and have been counting down to it like kids count down to Christmas.

G$ had to go for work, and I ended up fanagling a work meeting for Tuesday, which meant that I had an extra night to stay down there.  Our main inspiration for going there you ask....THE OUTLETS in Cabazon!  These are the best outlets in the WORLD - its a shopper's fantasyland paradise.  Gammo, Dior, Kate Spade, YSL, Gucci - you name it and it was there.  And chances are...it was also 50% off!

We stayed at the Temecula Creek Inn on Saturday night and took advantage of their date night package, which included dinner, champagne and strawberries in your room rate. I also realized that I had left my wallet at William Rast at the outlets...which meant we had to return on Sunday - OOOOOOOOPS!   Our waitress randomly was a waitress we'd had multiple times before at a restaurant in SF - small world!  Has a bottomless bloody mary/mimosa brunch and then did some wine tasting on Sunday, only to head back to the outlets.  I decided I don't like wine from this region..way too dry.

We then headed to Palm Springs, for some dinner, mellow time, hiking and recharging.  The only thing was I felt bad that I was on some meds that make me kind of moody/cranky - so poor G$ had to put up with it.

It was nice to get away and have some time to reconnect and recharge :)

No comments:

Post a Comment