Friday, February 4, 2011

R's Life in Terms of Perfume

I've been obsessed with perfume for as long as I can remember.  And for that, we can blame my dad.  My dad being in the retail industry would always buy us perfume when he went on his trips.  His strategy for buying perfumes :  not the scent, but the shape of the bottle.  The cooler the bottle looked, the louder it called his name.

Its funny that I bought my first perfume for myself at the age of 29. heee heee.

So let's start from the early 90's, why don't we:

This was the best thing in the world, back in the early 90's.  When I was 10. :)



 Then, as I entered my teen years, my favorite bottle in the world was.  The only thing missing in this picture is the silver mirrored bottle.

I loved the triangles, and I loved wearing a different "color" each day.

 Then, fastforward to the end of high school / beginning of college, we are looking at some H20 that is a bit cold ;)

Oh man, I thought I was super cool with this water!
Now, as I was midway into college, I started to realize which brands I liked and that I prefered simpler square bottles.  Enter, the perfume I wore from graduation of college into my young adulthood :)  I believe I even wore this the first time I met G$.

Enter, Gucci:

Ahh...Gucci2, I believe that you are the best thing to attract boys :)
Then in 2006, G$ for Valentine's Day bought me a perfume that he loved the smell of:

But too many people had it, and I didn't like that.  My dad then picked this up in a duty free shop:

Ooooh, hello lover! 
Then, fastforward to wedding day.  I forgot to pack perfume, but an Uncle had picked up some at a duty-free shop (we indians love duty free) on his jaunt over to the US.  Luckily, he picked up a bottle that reminds me of my mom in the 80's:

And, now to fast forward to present day...I've picked out and purchased my first signature scent...I hope to be like this scent:  "classic, elegant, timeless"

No comments:

Post a Comment