Monday, October 25, 2010

Dinner for Three

Because I heart food, I don't hate cooking. However, I don't have a ton of experience with it. I also get obsessive over what to cook for people, how to make things pseudo-healthy, and how do make do if I don't have the correct fancy gadgets. Ms. M and Ms. K were brave enough to be guinea pigs the first time I made a 3-course meal from scratch last week.

Drink
prosecco with muddled fresh pineapple

Appetizers
whole grain bread (store-bought) with herbed dipping sauce
zucchini bites, minus the cheese and sun-dried tomatoes and plus kalamata olives

Entree
spinach ricotta gnocchi with sun-dried tomatoes and basil pesto

Desserts (yes, plural)
individual pumpkin tiramisu with sponge cake instead of ladyfingers

The zucchini bites were probably my fave since they were basically like bruschetta but in little zucchini bowls. And using a melon baller is fun! The gnocchi was tricky and ended up looking more like little dumplings than the traditional pasta. I had to trash the first sponge cake I made for the tiramisu because it wasn't to my liking, but the second was nice and fluffy. I will totally make the bread pudding again because it was not too rich, customizable, and can be relatively healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment