Monday, October 29, 2012

R's Thoughts on My 31st Birthday

With today being my birthday, I've been reflecting on this past year.  Up until Saturday, I was approaching my birthday with zero excitement.  Those of you who know me are probably in shock.  In fact, I was so unexcited that I shared the month of October with G$, which I never do either.

I had two great conversations this weekend - one with N and one with G$ regarding why I had so much anxiety about turning 31.  Both made me feel so much better, followed by a fantastic joint birthday celebration - I feel much better today.

So with that - here's what I've learned this year:


  • Just because wine country is 50 miles away, it will take 2+ hours in the summer.
  • It's okay to say goodbye to old friendships if they're not healthy.
  • Getting platinum on Delta isn't as glamorous as one thinks - it just means you're gone a lot
  • Carefully read the advil label to guarantee it is not advil pm.
  • It is important to make 10 minutes of time to sit in the steam room post workout.
  • Spanx are a girl's best friend - they do smooth out lines under dresses and pencil skirts.
And something I have always known and continuously reminded of is that I have the most amazing friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment