Thursday, June 21, 2012

Brunch Finds in the Bay Area: South Bay Edition

In the beginning of spring, I decided that N, G$ and I should be on the continuous hunt for a few standby brunch places.  One down by us, one by N and then one in the middle.  This way when we want to have an impromptu brunch - we can easily figure out where to go.  We have figured this out for drinks, which will come in a later post.


So - we just started a few months ago.  Unfortunately, due to schedules/travels/life we haven't been able to go to as many places as one would like.  The rules of these brunch finds include:  

  • All three of us must be present
  • We must all order one thing each 
  • G$'s on the hunt for the best bloody mary - so there must be at least one ordered
  • In continuing posts, pictures are always a nice plus. :)

So here we go:

Brunch Find 1:  Straits in Santana Row:  This is definitely much closer to me.  Their brunch menu has some great finds, like their bottomless mimosa and bloody mary.  However, they did run out of a crucial thing for bloody mary's - the mix, so the second one was a bit watery according to G$.  I remembered getting the BLT salad, and we all shared an order of fries.  I liked my dish, as well as the fries.  I'd go back here.  The extra plus of this place is that there are multiple locations - one close to Miss N!

Brunch Find 2:  Sonoma Chicken Coop in Campbell:  This is another one right by us.  Unfortunately their brunch menu isn't online so I can't share it with you.  We stumbled in after a great morning at the Campbell's farmers market.  They also have a bottomless mimosa and they do a great job of refilling it when you take a sip.  G$ really liked their bloody mary.  N and I went simple that day and just got 2 eggs - both of which were good.  However, this place does not have a waitress and it's a "order at the counter" place - so it depends what we're all in the mood for.  However, I would go back at the farmer's market, eat there and then have a mimosa at the Coop.

Brunch Find 3:  Village California Bistro and Wine Bar in Santana Row:  I know that it seems like I'm partial to the row, however I love walking around the shops after brunch so that's why this location is usually at the top of my list.  Their brunch menu is pretty solid, however their service can be hit/miss.  Some of the things I've tried:  ceviche (yum! - especially the peruvian snapper!), the mussels, the crab cake club (before I was GF), eggs bruschetta, and the scrambles.  The food is definitely solid - I've always really liked everything I've had here.  

Now there are other places in the south bay that I love, however since Miss N hasn't been yet - I can't blog about them here.

Stay tuned for more finds.


No comments:

Post a Comment